Jersey City, New Jersey 07302
Harsimous Cove – Located directly south of the historic Hamilton Park on the central west side of Downtown. The neighborhood is primarily comprised of bustling Newark Ave and historic brownstone rowhouses. The area is 5-10 minute walk to Grove Path train station. (Boundaries : north to 6th Street, south to C. Columbus Drive, east to Marin Boulevard, west to Coles Street.)
The neighborhood is a mixture of families, singles, empty nesters, long-term residents and newly arrived residents. All combine to make for a vibrant and diverse neighborhood with a small-town community feel in one of New Jersey’s largest cities. The area boasts a variety of businesses: whether you are looking for a bike shop, a slice of pizza, organic desserts, delicious homemade ice cream, vintage clothing or a great cup of coffee, it can be found in the historic neighborhood of Harsimous Cove.
Harsimous Cove Neighborhood Amenities:
-Hamilton Park Farmer's Market - Just a few blocks north you can visit this event, every Wednesday 4-8pm starting June 1st through November 2nd. Featuring organic produce, fresh meats and eggs, "the pickle guy," artisanal cheeses, a large selection of “Jersey Fresh” produce and flowers, and Cocoa Bakery selling delicious pastries, a lemonade stand selling fresh lemonade .
- Bustling Newark Avenue with multitude of shops and restaurants.
-Thriving artist community and numerous galleries. Check out http://www.jcfridays.com/ for local artist event and tours, or the following galleries: http://moramuseum.org/, http://www.fifty8.com/, http://www.arthouseproductions.org/
-1100 acre Liberty State Park about a mile away where you'll find picnic areas, biking and running trails, LibertyLanding Marina, Liberty Science Center, ferry service to Ellis and Governor's Island, fishing, and breathtaking NYC skyline and Statue of Liberty views.
- Downtown Jersey City offers 11 miles of waterfront, 3 ferry terminals to New York, 3 Path train stations, and is located just 11 miles from the Liberty International Airport.
- Area restaurants include: LITM, Skinner's Loft, Sawadee Thai, La Rustique, Downtown Saigon Safe, Helen's Pizza,The Box and Made with Love Organic cafe.
-Area Groceries: J D Asian Grocery Store, Hernandez Mini Market, Lee's Fruit & Vegetables, Salman Grocery Inc, Subia's Organic Market, Tender Shoot Farm, New Khan Gracery & Halal Meat, Pathmark Pharmacy, C-Town, ShopRite Metro Plaza, BJ'S Wholesale Club. Also, Fresh Direct and Whole Foods Tribeca deliver in the neighborhood.
-Walkable: Walkscore.com gives Downtown Jersey City 98 out of 100 for and calls it a "walker's paradise."
Public Transportation Options:
- 5-minute walk to either of two PATH stations for direct Manhattan access
- Nearby light rail and ferry stations
- Bus to Port Authority New York a few blocks away on Hamilton Park