Van Vorst Park
Jersey City, New Jersey 07302
Van Vorst Park – Located around historic Van Vorst Park on the south west side of Downtown. The neighborhood is primarily comprised on brownstone rowhouses and smaller condo buildings. Within 5-10 minutes walk to Grove Path. (Includes portions of Wayne, Mercer, Montgomery, York, Bright, Monmouth, Varick, Barrow streets and Jersey Ave south of Columbus Dr and north of Grand St.)
The park itself is a serene green space oasis that has something for everyone from Shakespeare and movies in the park to farmer's market, children's play area and dog runs. Visit filmsinvanvorst.com for an updated list of free outdoor summer film series schedule.
Van Vorst Park neighborhood amenities:
- Jersey City Public Library is located here on the corner of Montgomery Street and Jersey Avenue. Visit jclibrary.org for hours and full details.
- NYC access via the Grove St PATH trains. Trains run 7 days a week and 24 hours a day and provide a 15 minute rush hour commute to the Big Apple. http://www.panynj.gov/path/
-Thriving artist community and numerous galleries. Check out http://www.jcfridays.com/ for local artist event and tours, or the following galleries: http://moramuseum.org/, http://www.fifty8.com/, http://www.arthouseproductions.org/
-1100 acre Liberty State Park just steps where you'll find picnic areas, biking and running trails, LibertyLanding Marina, Liberty Science Center, ferry service to Ellis and Governor's Island, fishing, and breathtaking NYC skyline and Statue of Liberty views.
- Downtown Jersey City offers 11 miles of waterfront, 3 ferry terminals to New York, 3 Path train stations, and is located just 11 miles from the Liberty International Airport.
-Van Vorst Park Farmer's Market - Starting May 7th and continuing each Saturday through November, from 8am-2pm. Featuring organic produce, fresh meats and eggs, artisanal cheeses, a large selection of “Jersey Fresh” produce and flowers, and Jersey City's own Made with Love with their delicious organic deserts, cookies and breads. Please contact Marc Wesson 201 433-6553.
-Steps to Liberty Harbor North with its developing retail and restaurants including Zeppelin Hall Biergarten. http://www.zeppelinhall.com/
- Grove Street is filled with restaurants from around the world. Visit http://www.kannekt.com/jerseyx.htm for a complete list of restaurants, bars, shops, and local services.
- Area restaurants include: More Thai and Japanese Cuisine Restaurant, The Merchant, Taqueria Downtown, Medina Restaurant, Marco & Pepe, Shadman Restaurant, Brownstone Diner & Pancake Factory, Ibby's Falafel, Hard Grove Cafe, Edward's Steakhouse, Sawadee Thai Cuisine, LITM, Baja Mexican Restaurant, Komegashi Japanese Restaurant, Light Horse Tavern..
-Cafe's within a mile: Beechwood Cafe, Ahymn Expresso LLC, Dunkin' Donuts, Starbucks, La Conguita Restaurant, The Warehouse, Vanhoutte Cafe, City Beans Company Inc, Gloria Jean's Coffee.
-Area Groceries: J D Asian Grocery Store, Hernandez Mini Market, Lee's Fruit & Vegetables, Salman Grocery Inc, Subia's Organic Market, Tender Shoot Farm, New Khan Gracery & Halal Meat, Pathmark Pharmacy, C-Town, ShopRite Metro Plaza, BJ'S Wholesale Club. Also, Fresh Direct and Whole Foods Tribeca deliver in the neighborhood.
-Walkable: Walkscore.com gives Downtown Jersey City 98 out of 100 for and calls it a "walker's paradise."
-For all of the city services please feel free to visit http://cityofjerseycity.com/